Crayon Truck Carrier
- FloraCraft design featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: one 4-7/8”x4-7/8”x4-7/8” block, one 2-7/8”x2-7/8”x2-7/8” block
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio Back to School Collection papers, 12”x12”: Stripe, Scattered Pencils, School Days
- Loew-Cornell: Forster Woodsies, six each: Jumbo XL (2”) circles, L (1-1/2”) circles
- Metal washers, nine 5/16”
- Stickers: blank rectangle, stars
- Photo of child (optional)
pencil, paintbrush, paper plate, water, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Elmer’s Painters Paint Marker: Fine-Tip Black
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: Santa Red, Olive Green, Turquoise Blue, Lamp Black; Dazzling Metallics: Shimmering Silver
- X-ACTO Products: 2” rotary paper trimmer, 12” metal ruler
- Elmer’s CraftBond Products: 3-D Popup Medium Glue Spots, Quick-Dry Glue Dualtip Pen, Extra Strength Glue Stick, Foam Mounting Tape
- 1. With rotary paper trimmer, cut two 5” squares from each print paper. Cut two 3” squares each from Scattered Pencils and School Days print papers. Cut one 3” square from Stripe paper.
- 2. Use glue stick to adhere 5” paper squares onto large foam block, with like papers on opposite sides. Repeat with 3” squares on small foam block, noting side opposite stripe paper will be uncovered. Refer to photo and position both blocks with orange sides on top and bottom and with stripe and green sides showing from side view. Apply glue stick to uncovered side on small foam block. With bottoms aligned on table, connect small block onto front of large block, creating “cab” on truck. Set aside to dry.
- 3. On covered work surface, use paintbrush to paint one side and edges of three washers each Santa Red, Olive Green, and Turquoise Blue. Let dry. Paint 2” wooden circles Lamp Black and 1-1/2” wooden circles Shimmering Silver. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and mark top of large block with nine evenly spaced dots (for crayons). Place painted washers onto marks and check positions. Use dual-tip glue pen to adhere washers. Let dry. Use pencil to press through each washer through paper and into foam about 1/2”.
- 5. Use dual-tip glue pen to adhere silver wooden circles centered on black wooden circles. Turn truck onto one side. Refer to photo to glue three wheels so that they extend half way down beyond truck. Turn over and repeat with other side. Position truck upright so wheels rest on table, noting if wheels are even. Let truck dry on side.
- 6. Use paint marker to print child’s name on rectangular sticker. Use two layers of foam mounting tape to attach name onto side of truck. Use glue stick to attach photo (if desired) onto cab. Attach two star stickers onto top front of truck.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.