Black Cat Party Fun
sizes: wall hanging, 6" across; favor, 1-1/8"x2-3/4"x3-1/4"
- Recycled boxes: gelatin, cereal
- Cardstock: orange, black, white
- Crepe paper streamers: orange, black
- Halloween cupcake liners
- Orange button
- Small silver bell
- Trims: black tinsel, orange/white baker’s twine, orange metallic ribbon, black glitter ribbon, thin silver cord
- Small cellophane bag filled with candy
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, sponge dauber, clothespin
- Oxford Impressions Halloween Party Stamp Set
- Circle paper punches: 1/16”, 1-1/2”
- Die-cutting system and Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlits Mini Paper Rosettes Decorative Strip Die
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink Pad
- Ranger Silver Stickles Glitter Glue
- Colored pencils
- Paint: Ranger White Opal Liquid Pearls Dimensional, black acrylic
- Computer and printer
- Adhesives: red-liner tape, clear dots, black foam squares, liquid glue
- Wall Hanging
- 1. Cut a 4” chipboard circle and paint back and edges black; let dry. Cover front of circle with red-liner tape and remove liners. Pinch and gather black crepe paper along sides of circle. Flatten a cupcake liner and press to center.
- 2. Punch three 1-1/2” circles from cereal box. Cover each circle with red-liner tape and remove liners. Cover one with orange crepe paper in same way as large circle; apply glitter glue to edges and let dry. Punch black cardstock circle and adhere to second circle. Die cut a black cardstock paper rosette and adhere to third circle; dot edges with White Opal paint and let dry.
- 3. Stamp black cat face onto white cardstock; color with pencil and rough cut image. Glue to cereal box and detail cut image. Adhere to black cardstock circle with foam squares.
- 4. Layer and adhere circles to larger circle with foam squares.
- 5. Computer generate sentiment and cut into 1/2”x12” strip. Score each end 1/4” from sentiment and fold into banner; trim ends. Apply glitter glue to banner edges; let dry.
- 6. Tie 10” length of baker’s twine into a bow. Tie bow and bell to button with silver cord; adhere to wall hanging with clear dot. Adhere banner with foam squares.
- 7. Cut 12” black ribbon hanger; adhere ends behind cupcake liner.
- 1. Carefully pry open and flatten gelatin box; cut away top. Adhere orange cardstock to box; let dry. Trim excess paper.
- 2. Randomly stamp candy pieces and sentiments over cardstock; color with pencils. Re-fold box, creasing edges. Adhere sides with liquid glue and clamp with clothespin until dry.
- 3. Adhere red-liner tape around top edge of box and adhere tinsel trim. Flatten cupcake liner, pinching center, and adhere to box with clear dot.
- 4. Repeat wall hanging Step 3 to make cat face; adhere with clear dot.
- 5. Stamp sentiment onto orange cardstock and trim to 1/4”x2-1/2”; sponge edges with ink. Punch tiny hole in one end and insert short silver cord length. Tie candy bag closed with orange ribbon and silver cord.
- 1. Recycle a JELL-O box to make a purrrr-fect Halloween party favor.
by Debbie Kaste