Spooky Printer's Tray
- 7gypsies Black Letterblock Tray (#12568)
- White cardstock
- Memory Box Blackbird 6”x6” Paper Collection
- Recycled book page
- Assorted Halloween-themed charms
- Adhesive gems: white pearls, black pearls, yellow crystals
- Miniatures: glass vials, wooden fence
- Black rub-on transfers: mixed alphabets, birdcage
- Baker’s twine: white/black, orange/black
- String: white, black
- Metallic black ribbon
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, sponge daubers
- Memory Box Stamps: Bird Branch, Reverse Bird Branches, Grass Print, Wild Roses, Tree Frame, Vintage Record Sheet, Circle Word Background, Crow, Distressed Crows, Night Cat, Plain Snowglobe, Halloween Collage, Spooky Collage, Journey Collage, Renaissance Tile, Elemental Damask, Vintage Notes, Vintage Scroll
- Circle punches or templates: 1-1/4”, 3-1/2”
- Ink pads: yellow, orange, brown, light blue, gray, and black dye; brown pigment
- Acrylic paints: white, black
- Clearsnap Silver Fog Designer Foils and Memory Box Collection Fright Night Design Adhesives
- Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue: Black Diamond, Orange Peel
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue, clear and foam dots
- 1. Directions are given left to right, top to bottom, for all 20 openings. Use black ink unless otherwise noted. Trim paper panels to fit spaces before stamping. Sponge panel edges with brown, black, or gray ink for aged look. Adhere panels with paper adhesive or liquid glue; adhere charms with clear dots.
- 1. Stamp Spooky Collage image twice onto orange paper. Detail cut one crow, omitting legs, and adhere to main image with foam dot. Add gem eye.
- 2. Stamp gray Renaissance Tile onto green paper. Apply rub-on birdcage; accent with string bow and pearls.
- 3. Stamp Wild Roses image onto yellow paper. Paint fence black and ghost charm white; let dry. Add black pearl eyes to ghost. Tie word charm to fence with baker’s twine. Adhere pieces to tray.
- 4. Repeat Step 1 using Distressed Crows image, detail cutting more birds.
- 5. Stamp Vintage Scroll image onto white cardstock. Adhere owl charm.
- 6. Stamp gray Elemental Damask over green paper. Apply “Smell my feet” rub-on letters. Adhere witch feet charm, tied with baker’s twine.
- 7. Stamp Vintage Record Sheet onto orange paper. Stamp Crow onto white cardstock and detail cut image. Make tiny broom from twigs and string; adhere to tray. Adhere bird over handle with foam dot.
- 8. Stamp Halloween Collage image onto green paper; trim and double mat on brown and orange paper. Highlight spiders with black glitter glue; let dry. Add gems and pearls.
- 9. Punch small circle from scrap paper to create negative-space mask for moon. Place mask over white cardstock panel; sponge moon orange and yellow. Stamp Night Cat and Circle Word Background. Stamp and detail cut second cat; adhere with foam dot. Add pearl to lamp.
- 10. Stamp Tree Frame image onto white cardstock; sponge background yellow and orange. Adhere crow bead.
- 11. Stamp gray Elemental Damask over orange paper. Stamp Grass Print multiple times. Stamp Crow onto white cardstock and detail cut image; adhere with foam dot.
- 12. Stamp Vintage Notes onto white cardstock using brown ink; add words with rub-on letters. Detail cut image and sponge edges brown. Adhere to green paper panel. Cut and roll up tiny scrolls made from book page; insert in vials. Tie one vial neck with string. Adhere vials and cork with clear dots.
- 13. Stamp Tree Frame onto white cardstock panel. Cut large circle from scrap paper to create negative-space mask for moon. Place mask over panel; sponge moon orange and yellow. Stamp Circle Words Background over moon. Adhere crow bead.
- 14. Repeat Step 13.
- 15. Stamp Reverse Bird Branches onto orange paper; add gold gems.
- 16. Repeat Step 8, omitting layers. Highlight spider with orange glitter glue.
- 17. Sponge edges of green paper panel gray. Follow directions to apply Designer Foils adhesive and foil. Stamp Plain Snowglobe onto white cardstock; sponge blue and gray inks around edges. Overstamp snowglobe with gray Journey Collage image, noting placement of wording. Detail cut snowglobe. Apply additional foil stars to base and tie on star charm. Adhere to panel with foam dots.
- 18. Stamp Bird Branch twice onto orange paper.
- 19. Stamp Spooky Collage onto white cardstock. Adhere two owl charms.
- 20. Stamp gray Elemental Damask over green paper. Thread “boo” letter charms onto ribbon length and adhere to panel.
by Suzanne Czosek