Quick Creations: Vintage Angel Ornament
- Angel image
- Dresden angel wings, silver
- Matt board
- Tissue party streamers, white
- Velvet rickrack
- Velvet ribbon
- Computer and printer
- Hot glue gun
- Adhesives: glue, glue sticks
- 1. Choose an angel from a vintage ephemera book or downloadable image. You’ll find a wide selection of vintage clip art at www.thevintageworkshop.com and www.craftysecrets.com. Print angel to desired size and glue to matt board; cut out.
- 2. Embellish angel as desired. Print “Christmas (year)” or the recipient’s name on cardstock to personalize your ornament, if desired.
- 3. Cut a long triangular shape from matt board for the dress backing.
- 4. Cut and pleat-fold several white tissue party streamers to create a ruffled skirt trimmed with a velvet rickrack waistband.
- 5. Hot glue silver Dresden wings to her back and adhered a velvet ribbon loop hanger to complete the look
- 1. Tie these charming angel ornaments to your holiday gift bags or attach them to holiday greeting cards for a thoughtful keepsake. Consider inviting the girls over to decorate their own angelic creations. Provide guests with an assortment of pre-matted angels and a variety of trims, wings, glitters and embellishments.
by Tina Haller