Witch's Shoes Applique Towels
- Tan kitchen towels, two
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Black, Lavender, Pea Soup
- White muslin, scrap
- Gold buttons, two
- Artificial small silk flowers
- Orange/black plaid ribbon
scissors, iron and pressing surface, washing machine, pencil
- Embroidery needle and black embroidery floss
- Halloween rubber stamps
- Jacquard Products Idye: Pumpkin
- Black inkpad
- Aleene’s: Liquid Fusion, Fabric Fusion
- The Warm Co. Lite Steam-A-Seam
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to machine dye towels Pumpkin. When placing in washing machine, leave folded so towels will have uneven mottled appearance. Remove from washer and hang to dry. When dry, iron on pressing surface on med-high setting.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse wool felt and muslin onto fusible webbing using iron and pressing surface.
- 3. Print out patterns. Transfer leg and buckle on Pea Soup fused felt. (Note: Reverse pattern so one leg will be facing opposite direction. Repeat this step for all tracing.) Transfer boots on Black fused felt and stripes on Lavender fused felt. Trace tag on fused muslin. Cut out pieces. Fold towels into thirds and fuse pieces onto front of towel, except muslin tags. Refer to photo if needed.
- 4. Ink stamps and stamp Halloween sentiment with black ink on center of tag. Heat set with iron on low setting. Fuse tag onto towel.
- 5. Thread embroidery needle with three strands black thread. Blanket stitch edges of legs and boot. Backstitch buckle by stitching on center and tag by stitching 1/4” from edge.
- 6. Use scissors to cut two 3” ribbon lengths. Use fabric glue to adhere ribbon on front of towels, referring to photo. Glue buttons and small silk flowers on towels with liquid fusion. Let dry.
by Melony Bradley