In the Pumpkin Patch Table Runner
Stitch this classic fall scene on a pretty table runner for all to admire. The rich cotton fabric has an elegant swirled pattern with an Aida band for a border.
- 14-count Ivory Aida Table Runner for Embroidery 4001R (available at www.stoneycreek.com)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
Backstitch : 1 or 2 strands as indicated
Cross-stitch : 3 strands
Half stitch : 1 strand
Quarter stitch : 3 strands
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Size of finished design: 31"x9-3/4"; stitch count: 426 w x 130 h
- 1. Pattern shown is half the runner. Make two copies and tape together to form the full design.
- Table Runner
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric using three strands floss. Designer recommends backstitching as project is stitched, allowing for greater ease when following design.
- 2. Backstitch design with one or two strands floss as indicated. Half stitch shadowing below pumpkins using one strand 840 Beige Brown-MD floss.
- 1. To keep all stitching facing same direction, mark “top” of fabric with marking pin, piece of floss, or safety pin. When stitching, ensure marking pin is correct way up and at top of fabric. Be sure to turn pattern, not fabric, as two sides of design are stitched.
- 1. This beautiful table runner was stitched by Michelle Shepherd.
by Jo Gatenby for X's & Oh's