Uncle Sam Moveable Puppet
size: 12" tall
- Wooden paint stirrer stick, 12” length
- Cardstock or construction paper, 9”x12”: red, white, blue
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Metal paper fasteners, seven
- Cotton ball
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Crayons: peach, pink, yellow
- Hole punch
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns.
- 2. Use peach and pink crayons to color in face and hands and yellow crayon to color in shoe buckles. Use black marker to color shoes and draw nose, mouth, and arm cuffs.
- 3. Glue eyes on face. Pull apart cotton ball and glue on face for hair, beard, and eyebrows.
- 4. Use hole punch to punch holes as indicated on patterns. Assemble puppet by inserting paper fasteners into holes on patterns; sandwiching pieces together and bending ends on back. Adjust as necessary so puppet’s head, arms, and legs will move easily.
- 5. Glue back of puppet onto end of wooden paint stirrer stick. Let dry.
by Rebecca Spohn