Red, White, and Butterflies
size: garland, 3-3/4" wide
- Red tin pail
- Tissue paper: red, blue
- Blue buttons, 3/8”, five
- K&Company Blue Sheer Simplicity Adhesive Borders
- Duck Brand White Duck Tape Sheet or 3M Post-it Brand White Craft Paper
- Sizzix Big Shot Embossing & Die-Cutting System and Bigz Butterfly #2 Die
- Scoring board and bone folder
- Adhesives: clear mini dots, fine-tip super glue, removable tape
- 1. Open and smooth tissue paper sheet. Cut a 4-1/2”-wide strip down length of sheet.
- 2. Using scoring board and bone folder, very gently score tissue strip every 4-1/8”. Fan-fold paper, smoothing folds with edge of bone folder.
- 3. Place tissue on die with folds parallel to butterfly body. Upper wing tips should be visible at each side. Tape top and bottom paper edges to die; cut shape.
- 4. Carefully remove butterfly from die. Open garland and trim any partial shapes at end.
- Tin Pail
- 1. Die cut permanent tape sheet butterfly or temporary craft paper butterfly; adhere to pail. Adhere buttons to body with mini dots.
- 2. Apply glittery border sticker around pail base; dot with super glue for permanent bond.
by Dawn Gehring