- Artist’s canvas, 11”x14”
- Cardstock: red, white, navy
- Prima Marketing, Inc. Paper: Jack and Jill, So Cute
- Prima Marketing, Inc. Flowers: Alabaster Alissa Rose, White Lilliput Rose, Baby Blue Cottage Blossom, Innocence 1” Assortment
- Prima Marketing, Inc. Embellishments: Brick Glistening Vines, Farfalla Butterflies
- Stickers: Prima Marketing Inc. Fairy Flora Alphabet and E-Line Pearls, American Crafts Thickers Black Fabric Salutations Alphabet
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, flat paintbrush
- Prima Marketing, Inc. Masks (#881979) (Hot Air Balloons)
- Circle templates: 2”, 3”
- Star punches: 3/4”, 1-1/2”
- Maya Road Maya Mist: Pink Lemonade, Cornflower Metallic, Cherry Metallic
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Tiger Lily, Marshmallow
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze: Flirty, Pink Lady, Mellow Yellow
- Tsukineko Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad
- White acrylic paint
- Golden Artist Colors: Gesso, Molding Paste
- Uni-ball White Signo Gel Pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, glue gun
- 1. Prime canvas with gesso; let dry.
- 2. Place mask at upper left; mist Cornflower Metallic and let dry.
- 3. Paint sunset background using all shades of Maya Mist, Glimmer Mist, and Glimmer Glaze. Use a paintbrush instead of provided misters. Add some white acrylic paint to lighten and blend colors.
- 4. Apply Molding Paste to form “clouds”, blending with background; let dry completely.
- 5. Use mists and/or glazes to paint letters for “Freedom” white, “is” and “cherish it” red, and “free” blue; let dry.
- 6. Trace balloons at left side and a few random stars as shown, using white gel pen. Ink canvas edges Jet Black.
- 7. Cut circles from papers and cardstock; ink and distress edges. Cut a 3/4”x6” navy cardstock strip; crumple slightly. Adhere circles and strip to canvas to create base.
- 8. Adhere “seldom” stickers and pearls. Adhere remaining words.
- 9. Punch white cardstock stars and adhere to top right and bottom left corners. Touch stars with Molding Paste and white paint to blend them into background. Repeat with navy strip. Let dry.
- 10. Use mists and/or glazes to color flowers as desired. Paint two butterflies with Flirty glaze and Cornflower Metallic spray. Let dry.
- 11. Adhere flowers, butterflies, and vine to canvas as shown.
- 1. Think outside the bottle! Try applying spray mists with a paintbrush or sponge for different effects.
by Alyssa McGrew for Prima Marketing, Inc.