Coffee & Cream Gold Chain Set
size: necklace, 23"; earrings, 1-1/2"
- Beads: six 16mm clear brown/cream swirl lampwork; 25 6mm brown button pearls; seven 8mm tiger eye round; six 6mm tiger eye round; nine 4mm topaz Swarovski bicone crystals
- Gold findings: nine 2” eye pins, three 2” head pins, two 6mm jump rings, two crimp tubes, toggle clasp, two crimp covers (optional), 2 earring wires
- Gold fine cable chain, 11” length
- Gold bead stringing wire, 8” length
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers, two pairs
- Wire cutters
- Crimping pliers
- 1. String topaz bicone, puffed coin lampwork bead, and button pearl onto head pin. Trim wire to 1/2” and turn simple loop above last bead. Repeat for remaining head pins.
- 2. Open loop on each earring wire and attach beaded head pin. Close loops. Set remaining beaded head pin aside for necklace.
- 3. On five eye pins, string button pearl, 8mm tiger eye round bead, and button pearl. Trim wire to 1/2” and turn simple loop. On remaining four eye pins, string button pearl, 6mm tiger eye round bead, and button pearl. Turn simple loops.
- 4. Cut chain into four 3/4” lengths and two 3-1/4” lengths.
- 5. Open jump ring and slide on half of clasp and eye pin with 6mm tiger eye bead. Close jump ring. Open next loop and attach second eye pin of same kind. Close loop. Open next loop and attach eye pin with 8mm tiger eye bead. Close loop. Open next loop and attach 3/4” chain length. Open loop on eye pin with 8mm tiger eye and attach onto end of chain. Close loop. Open next loop and attach another 3/4” chain length. Repeat for other side of necklace.
- 6. Slide crimp bead and end of chain length onto bead stringing wire. Pass end of wire back through crimp bead and crimp. Trim wire to 1/2” and string over wire. String on topaz bicone, lampwork bead, topaz bicone, 3-1/4” chain length, 6mm tiger eye, pearl, 8mm tiger eye, pearl, topaz bicone, lampwork bead, topaz bicone, pearl, 8 mm tiger eye, pearl, 6mm tiger eye, 3-1/4” chain length, bicone, lampwork bead, and bicone. String on crimp bead and chain from other side of necklace. Pass wire back through crimp bead, bicone, and lampwork bead. Crimp the crimp bead and trim wire.
- 7. Open loops on remaining beaded eye pin. Pick up ends of dangling chain lengths and close loop. On other end, slide on beaded head pin. Close loop.
- 8. If desired, cover crimp tubes with crimp covers and close with crimping pliers.
- 1. Lampwork beads of this shape can be found under a variety of names. They may be listed as puffed coins, lentils, or discs. Button pearls have a flat side and a rounded side. When stringing them on pins, place the flat sides against center beads. On center strung portion of necklace, place the rounded sides toward the center.
by Terry Ricioli