By the Seashore Charm Bracelet & Earrings
Be inspired by your latest visit to the ocean by creating this magical charm bracelet adorned with tiny messages in a bottle, starfish, and shells. They sparkle like the sand with a touch of dazzling Swarovski crystals!
- Silver chain, 8” length
- Assorted shell beads with pre-drilled holes
- Silver ocean-themed charms including shells and tiny glass bottles with corks
- Swarovski CRYSTALLIZED Flat-backed Clear Crystals, three 4mm
- Bicone beads, 4mm: red, turquoise
- Clear round beads: 14mm, 6mm
- Silver bead caps
- Tiny glass marbles, small amount
- Scrap paper
- Silver findings: six 1” head pins, 28 8mm jump rings, lobster clasp, two ear wires
- Round nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Aleenes Liquid Fusion
- 1. Bracelet is 8" long and earrings are 1-1/2" long.
- 1. Uncork tiny glass bottles. Cut scrap paper into 1/2” squares and roll up. Insert into bottles. Sprinkle glass marbles into bottles and replace corks. Open one jump ring with chain-nose pliers. Insert one end of jump ring into loop on cork and close jump ring. Repeat for remaining two glass bottles.
- 2. Use Liquid Fusion to glue each 4mm flat-backed clear crystal onto center of each silver shell charm. Open jump ring with pliers and insert into loop on each charm.
- 3. Open five jump rings with chain-nose pliers. Insert one end into loop of hole on shell bead. Close jump rings with chain-nose pliers. Thread head pins with remaining beads and shell beads, alternating in interesting patterns. Use round-nose pliers to create loops at top of head pins. Open jump rings with chain-nose pliers and insert into formed loops. Close jump rings.
- 4. Attach glass bottle, silver shell charms, seashell charms, and beaded head pin charms onto silver chain by opening jump rings with chain-nose pliers and attaching charms in alternating pattern. Space charms evenly on chain links.
- 5. Attach lobster clasp on one end of bracelet chain by opening jump ring with chain-nose pliers and inserting open end of ring into loop on clasp. Close ring with chain-nose pliers to secure clasp. Attach remaining jump ring onto opposite end of bracelet chain.
- 1. For earrings, thread head pin with one 4mm turquoise bead, one shell bead, and one 4mm turquoise bead. Form loop on end of head pin with round-nose pliers. Open jump ring and attach ear wire onto beaded head pin with chain-nose pliers.
by Melony Bradley