Count Your Blessings Nest
- Brown woven basket, 4-1/2”
- Wooden eggs (Craftydragonfly.etsy.com), three 2-1/2”
- Jo-Ann Rub-on Transfers: Family Messages
- Fabric scraps: off-white linen, green/white checked cotton
- Floral wire stems, two
- Excelsior and dried moss, small amount
- Green thread
paintbrush, toothbrush, scissors, craft stick, wire cutters
- Sewing machine
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: White, Antique White, Light Victorian Teal, Trail Tan, Pale
- 1. Paint eggs basecoat of White paint; let dry. Squeeze small amount of Antique White, Mint Green, and Teal on palette. Blend and paint all three colors of paint over egg. Concentrate Antique White around center of egg and darker colors over top and bottom of egg; let dry.
- 2. Cut out desired rub-on message and position over center of egg. Hold transfer in place with one hand while using craft stick to rub over letters, transfering saying onto egg. Repeat process on other side of egg and with remaining eggs.
- 3. Apply Trail Tan paint onto toothbrush and pull finger through bristles to lightly splatter paint top and bottom of egg; let dry.
- 4. Use wire cutters to cut off top of recycled basket. Arrange variety of excelsior and moss inside basket. Position eggs in basket.
- 5. Cut four linen and four cotton fabric leaves; pair linen leaf with each cotton leaf. Use wire cutters to cut four 4” floral wire stems. Slip wire end between each leaf pair. Position wired leaf pair under presser foot on sewing machine. Stitch around outside edge of leaf, sandwiching wire in seam. Finish by sewing seam down center of leaf. Twist floral wire end around basket edge. Repeat process to stitch remaining leaves.
by Heidi Boyd