- AMACO Cloud Clay: Red, Purple
- Toothpicks, four
- AMACO EZ Grip Modeling tools
- 1. Condition 3/4 of a packet of Red clay in your hands until it is soft and workable. Roll 2/3 of the clay into long log for lizard’s body, head, and tail. Roll four smaller Red logs for legs. Insert toothpick into end of legs and press into body. As clay begins to dry, use scissors to cut toes on ends of legs.
- 2. Use rounded end of modeling tool to press eye sockets into face. Roll two 1/2” Purple clay balls (eyes); press eyes in eye sockets. Roll two small snakes (eyelids) of Red clay; wrap around top of eye sockets. Use toothpick to make nostril holes.
- 3. Roll tiny Purple clay balls (spots). Flatten spots and press on body.
- 4. Let lizard dry to harden.
by Michelle Zimmerman for AMACO