Clay Pot Pets
- Polyform Pluffy Clay: Brown, Beige, Red, Black, Pink, White
- Terra cotta pots, two 2”
- Ribbon, 8” length
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, toothpick, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Acrylic paints: brown, white
- Craft glue
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. On covered work surface, paint pot brown or white. Let dry.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and roll until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. For heads, roll 2” White (cat) or Brown (dog) clay ball. For ears, roll two Brown teardrops (dog) or two White triangles (cat). Slightly flatten ears on work surface.
- 3. Roll three small White balls (cat’s muzzle and mouth) and two small Beige balls (dog’s eye and ear patch). Roll two small Pink triangles (cat’s inner ears) and small Pink circle (cat’s nose). Roll small Black ball (dog’s nose).
- 4. For tongues, roll two small Red circles. Flatten slightly.
- 5. For eyes, roll four tiny Black balls.
- 6. Press head onto bottom of clay pot. Press ears, eyes, nose, muzzle, tongues, spots, and mouths on heads. Use toothpick to add details on nose and muzzles.
- 7. Adults, help kids when using oven. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay friends on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- 8. Measure and cut 8” ribbon length. Tie ribbon length into bow around neck, if desired.
by Polyform Products