Sunflower for You
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Basic Black; Kiwi Kiss; Going Gray; Whisper White
- Origins Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad (BasicGrey)
- Black half-pearls (BasicGrey)
- Stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps): Multi-Step Sunflower; 3-step Bitty Tulip Bouquet
- Dye ink pads: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Dandelion, London Fog, Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart (Tsukineko)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Lattice punch (EK Success Brands)
- Foam adhesives squares
- 1. Make green, top-fold card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” black cardstock piece; adhere to card.
- 2. Cut two strips of Origins papers to equal 3-3/4”x5” block. Punch 5”-long lattice strip from black cardstock; adhere behind top edge of one paper strip. Adhere paper strips to card as shown.
- 3. Stamp sunflower images as follows onto white cardstock: #3 stem in Bamboo Leaves and #2 stem Pear Tart; #3 sunflower in Soft Suede, #2 Cantaloupe and #1 Dandelion; #4 and #5 sunflower (center) in Chocolate Chip.
- 4. Use London Fog ink to stamp each layer of water bowl. For #1, stamp off twice onto scrap paper until only light color remains on stamp. For #2, stamp off once onto scrap paper. For #3, do not stamp off.
- 5. Cut stamped panel to desired size; mat on black cardstock and adhere to card with foam squares.
- Other Ideas
- 1. Use permanent inks to stamp a set of flour sack towels; heat set ink to ensure permanency.
- 2. Create square mat for stamped image, like card front, and frame in small shadowbox for the kitchen.
- 3. Design a decorative tag! Punch holes at top of matted, stamped panel, then insert beaded wire for hanger.
by Lisa Somerville