Spring Friends Planter Picks
- Loew-Cornell Woodsies: five XL circles, two XL circles, two M circles, two M stars; five Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Fibre-Craft Craft Foam: white, white glitter; four pink circle stickers, six pink heart stickers
- Fibre-Craft Googly Eyes, 10
- White chenille stems, two
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Yellow, Bright Green, Yellow Green, Lamp Black, True Red, Indian Turquoise, Turquoise Pearl, Hauser Medium Green, Olive Green
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut dragonfly wings from white glitter craft foam and bee wings from white foam. Cut chenille stems in half for antennae (bee and ladybug).
- Work Surface
- 1. On covered work surface, paint as follows:
- 2. Bee: craft stick (body) and XL circle (head) Primary Yellow.
- 3. Ladybug: craft stick (body) Lamp Black and XL circle (head) and XXL circle (wings) True Red.
- 4. Dragonfly: craft stick (body) and XL circle (head) Indian Turquoise.
- 5. Frog: craft stick (body), XL circle (head), and M stars (feet) Bright Green.
- 6. Turtle: craft stick (body), XXL circle (shell), and two M circles (hands) Hauser Medium Green and XL circle (head) Olive Green. Let all dry.
- 2. Use black marker to outline all shapes.
- 3. Paint Olive Green circles on turtle’s shell. Paint Lamp Black stripes on bee’s body. Paint Lamp Black dots on ladybug’s wings. Paint Turquoise Pearl dots on dragonfly’s body. Use end of paintbrush handle to add Yellow Green dots on frog’s body and head. Let dry.
- 4. Glue wiggle eyes and pink foam circles or hearts (cheeks) on faces. Use black marker to draw smile between cheeks. Glue antennae on back of bee and ladybug heads.
- 5. Using photo as guide, glue pieces on bodies. Let dry.
- 1. To make large dots on dragonfly body and ladybug wings, glue small foam circle onto recycled water bottle cap. Dab circle with paint and press on wooden item, as in using a stamp.
by Linda Valentino