- Peat pots or seed starter jiffy strips, five 2-1/4”x2-1/4”x2-1/2”
- Craft foam: black, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, red, white, yellow
- Silver plastic-coated wire, 8” length
- Clear rhinestones
- Green chenille stem, 12” length
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Leaf, Stem, Itty Bitty #1 and #2 Bugs, Wild Flowers, Flower Bouquet, Hello Kitty, Build a Butterfly, Build a Flower #2
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Foliage Green, Hauser Medium Green, Pistachio Mint, Purple Cow, Saffron Yellow, Snow White; Foam Paints: Black, Crystal Glitter, White
- Beacon Adhesives Hold the Foam Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, paint pots Foliage Green (leaf), Saffron Yellow (white flower), Purple Cow (butterfly), Baby Blue (bee), or Pistachio Mint (purple flower). Let dry. On bee pot, paint lower area (grass) Hauser Medium Green. Let dry. Highlight dot Snow White flowers with Saffron Yellow centers. Let dry.
- 2. Use machine and dies to cut shapes from craft foam sheets. Use photo as guide for design ideas.
- 3. Layer and glue flowers together. Glue rhinestone crystals on flower centers. Cut green chenille stem into 3” lengths. Glue lengths along edges of leaf pot. Let dry. Cut silver wire length into 4” lengths. Wrap wire lengths around pencil, curling ends. Glue lengths (antennae) on back of butterfly.
- 4. Glue leaves, stems, butterfly, and bee on pots, using photo as guide.
by Debby Forshey-Choma