Mimbreno Artist Tray
- 7gypsies Black Artist Printers Tray
- Ampersand Art Supply Stampbord ATCs, 12
- Assorted silver charms
- Stamp A Mania assorted Mimbreno stamps: backgrounds, animals
taper candle, matches or lighter, newspapers, paper towels
- Krylon spray finishes: Kamar Varnish, Matte Finish
- Adhesives: foam squares, super glue
- 1. To soot ATCs, light a taper candle and get a steady flame going. Hold ATC facedown directly over candle flame. Cover entire ATC with a heavy layer of soot, moving ATC as needed.
- 2. Press desired stamp, or stamp section, directly onto sooted ATC; do not wiggle stamp.
- 3. Lift stamp straight off ATC and wash immediately. If using same stamp again, simply wipe clean between impressions for clearest results.
- 4. Create a total of 12 ATCs, setting aside each completed card.
- 5. Seal ATCs first with a few light coats of varnish, and then with a few light coats of matte finish. Spray from 12”-18” away and let dry between coats. Apply varnish first to preserve rich color of soot. Let dry.
- 6. Arrange ATCs in tray. When pleased with arrangement, adhere cards to tray with foam squares.
- 7. Glue charms to tray as desired.
- 1. Remember to wash stamps immediately after stamping onto sooted surfaces.
by Vickie Kammerer