Rubber Stamper's Studio - Alcohol Inks
- Cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”: white, white glossy, light blue, brown
- Acetate transparency sheet, 8-1/2”x11”
- Making Memories glass bottle
- Charms: number, key
- Tiny seeds
- Natural twine
- White seam binding
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, small mister bottle
- Stamps: Memory Box Fine Fern Print and Journey Collage, Serendipity Stamps Large Pussy Willow, Verses Rubber Stamps Mustard Seed, Stampabilities Dragonfly
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator, Felt, and Blending Solution
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Butterscotch, Lettuce, Caramel, Juniper, Cloudy Blue, Aqua
- Ranger Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink re-inker
- Tsukineko ink pads: VersaFine Onyx Black pigment; VersaMark watermark; StazOn Jet Black and Timber Brown solvent
- Signo Uni-Ball White gel pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, foam dots
- 1. Drip alcohol blending solution onto acetate sheet and smear to create thin layer over entire sheet.
- 2. Squeeze and drip a line of Butterscotch alcohol ink down length of acetate. Repeat with remaining alcohol inks, spacing ink lines 1/4” apart. See photo for ink order.
- 3. The blending solution layer should cause the inks to blend immediately. If more blended look is desired, lay a second sheet of acetate over first and gently “smoosh” them together. Peel away top layer and use both sheets to create backgrounds. See photo. Let ink dry until slightly tacky.
- 4. Ink script background stamp with watermark ink and carefully stamp into alcohol inks on first acetate sheet. Stamp image onto glossy cardstock.
- 5. Ink fern stamp with watermark ink and stamp over script image left behind on inked acetate sheet. Stamp image onto glossy cardstock over script background.
- 6. Place another sheet of glossy cardstock over remaining ink on “stamped” acetate sheet and let sit until almost dry; carefully pull sheets apart.
- Mustard Seed Card
- 1. Cut 3-1/2”x4” piece from acetate sheet where images were stamped.
- 2. Cut a 3-3/4”x4-1/4” white cardstock piece; stamp Onyx Black sentiment.
- 3. Adhere acetate over sentiment using paper adhesive behind textured areas; dots are more likely to show.
- 4. Make white side-fold card base. Cut 5-1/4”-square blue piece and adhere to card. Cut 3-3/4”x4” brown piece and adhere to card.
- 5. Fill mini bottle with seeds, inserting clear dot inside mouth to keep bottle closed. Tie twine around right side of card and attach seed bottle.
- 6. Adhere stamped panel with foam dots, overlapping twine and brown cardstock.
- journey card
- 1. Cut stamped fern/script background to 3-3/4”x4-1/4”; double mat on 4”x4-1/2” brown and 5-1/4”-square blue cardstock. Adhere to brown side-fold card.
- Journey Card
- 1. Dye seam binding with Peeled Paint re-inker added to water in mini mister bottle; spray ribbon evenly and let dry completely. Accent card with seam binding tied in knot with twine bow and charms.
- 2. Stamp dragonfly on un-inked side of acetate background using black StazOn ink. Detail cut image and adhere to card with clear dot.
- Pussy Willow Scrap
- 1. Cut a section of leftover glossy cardstock created in Background Step 6.
- 2. Drip five drops of alcohol blending solution onto felt applicator and randomly dab onto background to create bubbled effect. Let dry.
- 3. Stamp Timber Brown pussy willows image onto background; let dry. Accent image with white gel pen.
- 4. Use background on a card of your own design.
- 1. StazOn solvent ink can be stamped onto an alcohol ink surface after it dries. Do not apply alcohol inks over a StazOn-stamped image; the image will dissolve.
- 2. Every time you use alcohol inks you will get a different effect, which is part of the fun!
- 3. Alcohol blending solution applied to any inks will dilute the colors. If you wash out too much color, simply apply more alcohol ink.
by Suzanne Czosek