ATCs - Beyond Trading: Dimensional Canvas
sizes: ACT, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"; pop-up card, 3-1/2"x4"x4-5/8"
- Ranger Inkssentials Natural Sticky-Back Canvas ATCs
- Heavyweight cardstock: green, white, yellow, red
- Thin cotton batting
- Cream thread
paper trimmer, detail scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, metal ruler, pencil
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Creative Layers stamps (foam and clear): Bloom, Nature, Domestic
- Stampabilities Sending Happy Thoughts sentiment stamp
- Ranger Inkssentials tools: paper creaser, Cut ‘n Dry nibs
- Ranger Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar dye ink pad
- Ranger Jenni Bowlin Acrylic Paint Dabbers: Stick Candy, Lemon Drops, Soap Powder, Fountain Pen, Chicken Feed, Chewing Gum, Cough Syrup, Brown Sugar
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots
- Pop-up Card
- 1. Cut 3-1/2”x10” green cardstock pop-up base and 2-3/4”x4-5/8” mat. Score pop-up base at 1/2”, 2-1/2”, 3”, 5”, 7”, 7-1/2”, and 9-1/2” from one short end.
- 2. Use craft knife and ruler to cut a 3”-long slit at center of 5” score line. Fold on 5” score line; unfold.
- 3. For ATC, apply paint to foam stamps: Lemon Drops flower, Stick Candy stem, Soap Powder “bars”. Overstamp with Fountain Pen clear stamp images. Remove ATC backing; adhere to mat, closer to one end.
- 4. Stamp flowers on white cardstock scraps and leaves on green as shown. Use nibs to edge flowers and leaves with dye ink.
- 5. Fold 1/2” ends of cardstock strip toward center. Adhere end of matted ATC to center of left fold; slide top of ATC through center slit. See Fig. 1.
- 6. Apply adhesive down length of folded portion, including across ATC, and close card. Press folded ends together to secure.
- 7. Embellish card with flowers and leaves, using foam dots for dimension. Do not add dimensional elements to ATC.
- Happy Thoughts ATC
- 1. Trim canvas ATC to 2-1/4”x3-1/4”. Cut 1/8” larger yellow and 1/4” larger red mats.
- 2. For flower, apply paint to foam stamps, starting in center and blending outward: Lemon Drops, Chicken Feed, Chewing Gum. Overstamp with Cough Syrup clear stamp image.
- 3. Stamp flower twice more on canvas scraps; detail cut flower and center from scraps. Fringe center edges. Remove backing from flower and center; lightly paint backsides.
- 4. Mask flower ATC and foam stamp Cough Syrup bubbles image. Remove mask; stamp Fountain Pen sentiment.
- 5. Cut two small circles from batting, 1/4” smaller than flower center. Layer center, batting, flower, batting over ATC flower and tack with thread. Remove ATC backing and adhere to mats.
by Lynn Roberts