Shimmer Paint Watering Can Card
- Cardstock: black, olive green
- Papers: Ranger Inkssentials White Gloss, watercolor, BasicGrey Origins Collection 6”x6” pad
- BasicGrey adhesive pearls
detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, sponge dauber, heat tool
- Stamp sets: Our Daily Bread Designs Happy Birthday
- EK Success Brands Zig H2O water brush
- Stampin’ Up! Scallop border punch
- Ink pads: Ranger Jet Black Archival, Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip dye, Tsukineko VersaMark watermark
- Creative Inspirations Paint paints: Fairy Dust, Tutu Pink, Gold, Buttercup
- Black detail embossing powder
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots
- 1. Make green top-fold card. Cut smaller black cardstock panel. Cover with paper strips, leaving narrow border. Adhere to card.
- 2. Punch black scalloped border strip and adhere to card.
- 3. Use watermark ink to stamp images, including one extra butterfly, onto watercolor paper; heat emboss with black powder.
- 4. Use water brush to paint images with assorted paints, using photo as guide. Let dry.
- 5. Trim image panel as shown; sponge edges with brown ink. Detail cut extra butterfly. Mat image on black cardstock and adhere to card with foam dots. Adhere butterfly with foam dot cut in half.
- 6. Stamp black sentiment as shown. Adhere pearls to scalloped strip.
by Lisa Somerville for Creative Inspirations Paint