Little Houses Series: Family Cottage
- Michaels Mary Engelbreit chipboard house
- Gina K. Designs cardstock: Ivory, Kraft
- Jillibean Soup papers: Old World Cabbage Stew Collection Head of Cabbage and Caraway Seeds, Lentil Soup Collection Ground Grains of Paradise, Egg Drop Soup Collection Green Onions and Sesame Oil
- October Afternoon Report Card Collection Storyhour paper
- Black adhesive pearls
- Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse wool felt
- My Favorite Things natural twill
- Hemp twine
detail scissors, sponge dauber, sanding block, family photo
- Die-cutting/embossing machine
- Dies: My Favorite Things Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass and Cloud Trio, Spellbinders Paper Arts Nestabilities Standard Circles (LG)
- Sewing machine and brown thread
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile Tool
- Ink pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Stampin’ Up! Soft Sky dye
- Computer and printer
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape
- 1. Cut chimney from house. Cover house with ivory cardstock and blue grid paper. Sand edges and sponge with Vintage Photo ink.
- 2. Punch hole at tip of house for hanger. Tie on twill and twine hanger as shown.
- 3. Cut Kraft cardstock strip for tree trunk, ink edges, and adhere to house.
- 4. Hand-cut flower from patterned paper for treetop. Die cut paper circle and machine-sew edges. Adhere to treetop with foam tape; adhere to house.
- 5. Hand-cut birdhouse, a freehand heart, and two birds from papers. Tie hemp through top of birdhouse; adhere house, heart, and bird to treetop. Add pearl eye to bird.
- 6. Die cut felt grass and polka dot paper cloud. Ink cloud edges Soft Sky and adhere to roof.
- 7. Detail cut family photo and adhere to house. Adhere felt grass over bottom edge.
- 8. Print sentiment onto ivory cardstock, trim, and adhere over grass. Adhere remaining bird; add pearl eye.
by Carolyn King