Garden Girl Altered Canvas
- Artist canvas, 5”x7”
- PaperWhimsy digital image collage sheets: girl (sheet 187), sun (sheet 024), assorted flowers & butterflies (sheets Goth 03 and Goth 07)
- White lightweight cardstock
- Recycled gift or cereal box
- Miniature wooden fence
- Alpha Stamps trims: Light Tan seam binding, Stitched Leaf ribbon
detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, small cosmetic sponge, paper towels, hand drill
- Paintbrushes: small, medium
- Acrylic paints: blue, white, light brown
- Ranger Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink pad
- Computer with color printer
- Adhesives: iLoveToCreate Aleene’s Tacky Glue, foam dots
- 1. Rough cut digital images of girl, sun, flowers, and butterflies from collage sheet. Glue pieces to recycled gift box; let dry. Detail cut shapes.
- 2. Paint fence white. Paint canvas with gesso. Let pieces dry completely. Drill hole in each top corner of canvas.
- 3. Paint bottom third of canvas brown; blot excess paint with paper towel. Paint top blue; blot excess. Dry brush white clouds over sky. Sponge canvas edges with ink.
- 4. Glue blue flower to bottom of canvas, and red flower to girl. Adhere girl and sun to canvas with foam dots.
- 5. Print sentiment onto white cardstock; cut into strips. Glue sentiment and butterflies to canvas.
- 6. Cut and glue two 2” leaf ribbon lengths to left side of canvas. Glue fence over ribbon. Glue 3” length to fence front.
- 7. Tie 12” seam binding length through holes in canvas to create hanger.
by Debbie Kaste