Cross-Stitch Baby's Birth & Sampler Hangings
size: 4-1/2" squares; stitch count: ABC sampler, 53 w x 53 h; baby name, 57 w x 56 h
- DMC Charles Craft 28-count White Monaco
- Mounting board, two 4-1/2” squares
- White backing board, two 4” squares
- Quilter’s batting, two 5” squares
- White ribbon, four 12” lengths
Backstitch: : 1 strand
Cross-stitch: : 2 strands
French knot: : 1 strand (wrapped two times)
- Clear crafter’s glue
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric. Use dotted line as a guide for placement of personalization. Iron and press stitch designs.
- 2. Glue batting squares onto one side of each mounting board square. Let dry.
- 3. Center each design over batting on square. Position stitched piece right side down on clean work surface. Turn fabric under 1/8” and glue edges on back of mounting board.
- 4. Glue ribbon ends on top of each backing board.
- 5. Center and glue mounted stitched piece onto back of backing boards. Let dry.
- 6. Trim ribbon ends into bow hanger.
by Alice Okon for DMC Corp.