Bunny Onesie with Yo-Yo Flowers
- White cotton onesie
- Pastel-print fabric rectangles: 5”x8” blue, 4”x4” yellow, 4”x4” pink
- Bright blue embroidery floss and sewing thread
- Light green ribbon, 1/4 yd.
- Sewing machine
- Fusible fabric webbing, 5”x8”
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing onto wrong side of blue fabric and 3/4” square of pink fabric.
- 2. Print out pattern. Cut out bunny from blue fused-fabric and nose shapes from pink fused-fabric. Fuse bunny and nose on front of onesie.
- 3. Transfer eye dots and muzzle line onto bunny. Sew straight stitch around bunny close to edge, overlapping stitches at bottom. Sew straight stitch along muzzle line and around nose close to edges. Embroider French knots at eye dots, using four strands of embroidery floss.
- 4. For yo-yos, cut 3-1/2” pink fabric circle and 3-1/2” yellow fabric circles. To make yo-yos, turn edge of fabric circle over 1/8” and hand sew tiny running stitches close to turned edge. Continue sewing to beginning of stitching and pull thread ends to gather as you sew. Pull thread tightly and knot thread ends. Trim thread ends.
- 5. To make leaves, cut two 3” green ribbon lengths. Overlap ribbon ends, forming point at folded end, and hand sew on ends to secure.
- 6. Pin yo-yo flowers and ribbon leaves on bottom right corner of bunny, using photo as guide. Tuck raw ends of ribbon under yo-yos. Hand sew around yo-yo edges using blind stitch.
- 1. If a sewing machine is not available, running stitches can be sewn around bunny and nose details.
by Mary Ayres