So Soft Applique Monogram Bibs
- Cotton chenille, 12”x15”
- Quilting fabric, 12”x15” (Note: Designer used Michael Miller’s Daisy Dreams and Moda’s Old School)
- Fairfield Cotton Classic Batting, 12”x15”
- Velcro, 1” circle
- Coordinating-color thread
scissors, tape, needle, scissors, ruler, cardboard scrap (circle template), pencil
- Sewing machine
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
- 1. All seam allowances are 1/2”
- 1. Print out pattern. Tape bib pattern pieces together.
- 2. Cut bib from cotton chenille, quilting fabric, and batting. Cut letter (approximately 3”x5”) from cotton chenille.
- 3. Glue letter on lower right area of cotton chenille bib piece, leaving room for 1/2” seam allowance.
- 4. Layer batting behind quilt fabric. Appliqué letter using zigzag stitch.
- 5. Position right sides together of front and back of bib. Stitch around bib pieces, leaving 3” opening at bottom of bib.
- 6. Turn bib right side out. Press lightly. Topstitch bib edges 1/4”.
- 7. Sew one side of Velcro dot on topside and remaining side of Velcro dot on underside of bib ends.
by April Moffatt