Punch Needle Paw Print
size: design, 3"x4"; size of finished piece, 10" square
- Black cloth, 8”x8” square
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Snow White (B5200), Red (321)
- Black frame with mat, 10” square
- Alphabet stickers or black inkpad and stamp of choic
- Clover: Embroidery Stitching Tool, Punch-Needle, Threader
- Q-Snap Needlework Frame, 8”
- White chalk pencil
- Gorilla Tape Handy 1” Roll
- 1. Use chalk pencil to draw pattern on cloth. (For paw print design, draw 3” circle with four 1” circles.) Position cloth in hoop frame.
- 2. Use three strands floss to punch all areas of design. Trim excess threads on front and back of cloth.
- 3. Position stickers or use stamp and inkpad to write school name, sentiment or message on mat.
- 4. Use tape to adhere cloth on back of mat. Position mat in frame.
- 1. Keep front of needle facing direction you are working, so the threads don’t get in your way when punching.
by Niki Meiners