Garden Paver Brick
- Scallop-Edge Flower Bed Edging, 24”x6”x2” (Navastone.com)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Avocado, Bleached Sand, Black Plum, Burnt Orange, Burnt Sienna, Cherry Red, Deep Burgundy, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen, Fawn, Forest Green, Hauser Dk. Green, Hauser Lt. Green, Hauser Med. Green, Lamp Black, Lavender, Napa Red, Purple Cow, Rookwood Red, Slate Grey, Snow White, Tangelo Orange, Tuscan Red
- Royal & Langnickel Golden Taklon Brushes: Series 700 3/4” Glaze/Wash, Series 160 3/8” Angular, Series 170 #8 Filbert, Series 250 #4 Round, Series 595 #10/0 Liner, Series SG1400 White Blending Mop 1/2”
- DecoArt Americana: Matte Spray Varnish, Exterior Varnish
- White graphite paper
- 1. Clean surface with damp sponge, removing dust. Basecoat brick Lamp Black. Print out pattern. Use stylus and white graphite paper to transfer pattern onto brick.
- 2. Paint background behind and at top of fences Lamp Black. Paint area below vegetables Hauser Lt. Green, shading Hauser Med. Green. Extend design onto sides of brick with carrot on one end and beets on other end.
- 3. Base carrots Burnt Orange. Shade top carrot Deep Burgundy and highlight Tangelo Orange. Shade bottom carrot Rookwood Red. Base carrot leaves Hauser Lt. Green and shade Hauser Med. Green. Add Hauser Med. Green and Hauser Lt. Green dots.
- 4. Base beans and peas Hauser Med. Green. Shade beans and peas Hauser Dk. Green and highlight Hauser Lt. Green. Highlight dot peas Hauser Lt. Green and paint tendrils Hauser Dk. Green.
- 5. Base pepper Evergreen and shade Lamp Black. Highlight pepper Avocado and paint shine mark Avocado.
- 6. Base tomato Tuscan Red and shade Black Plum. Highlight tomato Tangelo Orange and paint shine mark Tangelo Orange. Base tomato stem leaves Forest Green and shade Hauser Dk. Green. Highlight tomato stem leaves Hauser Lt. Green.
- 7. Base onion Bleached Sand. Shade onion Fawn and highlight Snow. Paint line work at top Burnt Sienna and then add Fawn lines.
- 8. Base beets Napa Red and shade Black Plum. Highlight beets Cherry Red. Base bottom of beets Bleached Sand and shade Fawn. Highlight bottom of beets Snow. Base beet leaves Forest Green and shade Hauser Dk. Green. Add Hauser Lt. Green highlights to beet leaves.
- 9. Base lettering Lavender and shade Dioxazine Purple. Highlight lettering Purple Cow.
- 10. To finish, spray brick with matte sealer. Let dry. Apply exterior varnish for outdoor use.
by Diane Marie Kellog