The giver of this delightfully colorful card is sure to be the apple of any teacher's eye - and it's easy enough for older kids to make on their own.
- Cardstock: brown; Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Ivory
- October Afternoon Papers: Report Card Collection Recess and Story Hour; Farm Fresh Collection Root Cellar; Road Map Collection Shady Lane RV Park
- Black/white checked ribbon
- Gina K. Design Eclectic Summer Sayings Stamp Set
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink Pad
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Make ivory top-fold card. Cut striped and handwriting paper pieces to fit bottom of card; adhere strips. Tie ribbon around card front, hiding paper seam.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Cut stem/leaf from brown cardstock and apple from red check paper. Cut leaf only from green dot paper. Adhere leaf to leaf/stem and stem to back of apple. Adhere design to card as shown.
- 3. Stamp sentiment to right of apple.
- 1. Create a matching cardstock name plate for the teacher's desk using large letter stamps, or the computer, and the little apple design.
- 2. Create a whole set of note cards as an end-of-year teacher gift. Teachers always need note cards!
- 3. Adhere apple design to cardstock and cut out. Coat both sides with embossing ink and extra-thick embossing powder. Heat set until hard and shiny, then adhere a pin back for wearable paper art.
by Carolyn King