Country Autumn Décor Owl
Sew this adorable fabric owl to perch on your porch or fence railing as a creative addition to your fall décor.
- Cotton fabrics: white/off-white, 3/8 yd.; white/black print, 1/4 yd.; orange print, scrap
- Buttons, two each: white, 11/16”; black, 1/2”
- Pinking shears
- Fiberfill stuffing
- White sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Owl is approximately 15" tall.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4” seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut two body shapes from solid fabric, two wing shapes from black/white print fabric, and two beak shapes from gold fabric.
- 2. Sew body pieces together, leaving an opening between dots indicated on pattern. Trim seam at tip of tail. Turn crow right side out through opening. Stuff; hand sew opening closed.
- 3. Sew wing and beak pieces together in same way as body. Hand sew assembled wing and beak to body in mirror image of crow pieces.
- 4. For feathers around eyes, use pinking shears to cut two 2” circles from solid fabric. Make cuts into fabric circles around edges. Place buttons on top of each other on fabric circles and sew to face.
by Mary Ayres