Country Autumn Décor Crow
This whimsical character is something to crow about! While perfect for your summer décor, this sewn fabric crow is also a great addition to both autumn and Halloween displays.
- Cotton fabrics: solid black, 3/8 yd.; white/black print, 1/4 yd.; gold print, scrap
- Buttons, two each: white, 7/8”; black, 5/8”
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing thread: black; white
- Sewing needle
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Crow is approximately 15" tall.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4” seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut two body shapes from solid fabric, two wing shapes from black/white print fabric, and two beak shapes from gold fabric.
- 2. Sew body pieces together, leaving an opening between dots indicated on pattern. Trim seam at tip of tail. Turn crow right side out through opening. Stuff; hand sew opening closed.
- 3. Sew wing and beak pieces together in same way as body. Hand sew assembled wing and beak to body.
- 4. Use white thread to sew buttons on top of each other for eyes.
by Mary Ayres