size: 4-1/2"x6"x2" (including handle)
- Cardstock: cream, pink foil
- Pale blue/white polka dot paper
- Copper brads, two
- Self-adhesive pink rhinestones, two
- Dimensional butterfly sticker with wire antennae
- Creative Impressions Timber & Cream Mini Gingham Ribbon, 6” length
- Papertrey Ink Rustic Jute Button Twine
scissors, computer with printer, paper piercer, stylus
- Bosskut Gazelle Personal Die-Cutting Machine
- The Cutting Café Butterfly Treat Box Cutting Template
- Stampin’ Up! Jewelry Tag Punch
- Sewing machine with hot pink thread
- Sable brown acrylic paint
- Clearsnap Colorbox Chestnut Ink Pad
- Adhesives: tape runner, clear dots
- 1. Download cutting template in desired format. Die cut smaller box template from pink foil cardstock using Gazelle machine. Assemble by following directions on template. Secure handle with brads.
- 2. Die cut large butterfly from cream cardstock and small butterfly from blue/white paper. Distress edges with ink. On large butterfly, zigzag stitch 3/4" section at edge of bottom left wing. Paint small dots around remaining edge of large butterfly’s wings using stylus. When dry, layer and adhere butterflies to one side of box as shown.
- 3. Adhere butterfly sticker to center of butterflies on box.
- 4. Print sentiment on cream cardstock; cut out with tag punch. Ink edges.
- 5. Tie ribbon into bow. Tie jute around bow, thread through tag, and knot ends. Adhere bow to butterfly with clear dot.
- 6. Adhere rhinestone eyes to large butterfly.
by Regina Easter for The Cutting Cafe