Back to School Hugs Card
- Cardstock: kraft, Penny Black Mix and Match Storm Light (01-001)
- May Arts String Burlap Ribbon
paper trimmer, scissors, acrylic block, spray bottle of water
- Die-cutting system with Penny Black Creative Dies: A Pocket Full (51-053), Tabs & Toggles (51-051), Petals (51-042), Love Expressions (51-025)
- Penny Black Stamps: Life’s Journals (30-247), Teacher’s Pet Stamps (4216H)
- Inks: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Espresso Truffle, Peanut Brittle, VersaFine Crimson Red; Ranger Archival Vermillion
- Markers: ShinHan Art Touch Twin, Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool with Foam Pads
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, foam adhesive, EK Success EK Brands ZIG Memory Systems Glue Pen
- 1. Stamp girl on white cardstock using black ink. Color with markers; cut out image.
- 2. Die cut notepad from white cardstock. Ink piece by applying marker color onto acrylic block, misting with water; press die cuts into ink. Distress edges using Peanut Brittle ink on foam pad. Stamp with coordinating image using Espresso Truffle ink; let dry completely.
- 3. Die cut file folder from white cardstock; ink piece Vermillion. Stamp with coordinating image using Crimson Red ink; let dry completely. Distress edges using Espresso Truffle ink.
- 4. Adhere all three cutout shapes together as shown using foam adhesive. Wrap with twine; tie into bow.
- 5. Die cut sentiment three times from white cardstock. Layer pieces together and adhere to make die cut thicker and more substantial; ink Espresso Truffle.
- 6. Cut white cardstock as follows: 1-1/2"x5-1/4" strip, 1/4"x5-1/4" strip, and two 4”x5-1/4” panels. Die cut one panel using Petals die. Adhere die-cut panel to plain panel. Adhere thin strip to left side of wide strip; adhere layered strips to right side of layered panels.
- 7. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" kraft card. Adhere panel background, tied cutouts, and sentiment to card with foam.
by Jill Foster for Penny Black