Mixed Media Floral Hearts Card
- White cardstock
- Watercolor paper
- White card blank, 5”x7”
- Geometric print washi tape
scissors, paper trimmer, acrylic block, spray bottle with water, paintbrush
- Penny Black Stamps: Twirls, Poppy Time, From the Heart Set
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos: Pistachio, Banana, Peach, Coconut
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper’s Big Brush Pens: Orange Glaze, Scarlet Red, Cold Grey III, Chrome Yellow, Black, Deep Scarlet Red, Permanent Green Olive
- Faber-Castell Art GRIP Watercolor Pencils: Cadmium Orange (111), Light Cadmium Red (117), Helio Turquoise (155)
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Color green, yellow, and peach Gelatos onto watercolor paper; blend with water. While surface is still wet, ink Twirls stamp with green pen and mist with water. Stamp image repeatedly along bottom of paper.
- 2. When paper and surface is dry, stamp image again without misting to retain definition.
- 3. Stamp poppy on watercolored panel and cardstock using black pen.
- 4. Color around flower image on watercolor paper using pencils; blend with water. Add white Gelato highlights directly to paper; blend with fingertips. Let dry.
- 5. Color poppy flower and buds stamped on cardstock with red, orange, yellow, and green pens, blending as desired. Fussy cut flower and buds. Adhere to watercolored panel.
- 6. Trim panel to fit card front.
- 7. Adhere washi tape embellishments to panel as shown, wrapping around to back side.
- 8. Stamp heart and sentiment on white cardstock using black pen. Fussy cut heart; shade edges with gray pen. Cut sentiment into banner shape, notching both edges. Color back of sentiment on left with pens used on poppy flower. Adhere heart and pennants to watercolored panel, folding right side of pennant edge in towards heart as shown.
- 9. Adhere panel to card.
by Jill Foster