Sewn Cord Wraps
size: 2-5/8"x7" (unbuttoned)
- Fabric of choice, 3”x8”
- Cotton batting, 3”x8”
- Coordinating button, 3/4”
scissors, ruler, straight pins, sewing needle
- Accuquilt GO! Fabric Cutter with Signature Block Fabric Cutting Die
- Sewing machine with coordinating thread
- 1. Using fabric cutter and die, cut two fabric and one batting signature blocks.
- 2. Layer fabric with right sides out on both sides of batting; pin in place.
- 3. Machine-sew 1/4” around perimeter from raw edges of layered block pieces.
- 4. Mark location of buttonhole, centered on block width beginning 1" from point on one side of wrap. Follow sewing machine manufacturer’s instructions to create buttonhole to fit chosen button. Open buttonhole.
- 5. Hand-sew button to other side of wrap, centered on block 1" from point. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 1. Prefer a cleaner edge? Use an anti-fray product, such as Prym Dritz Fray Check Liquid Seam Sealant, to keep fabric edges crisply cut.
by Jennifer Davey