Shabby Chic Jewelry Keeper
- Wooden frame of choice
- Hardboard, 1/8”, cut to fit frame
- Chicken wire
- Low-loft batting
- Assorted buttons
- Spring-loaded clothespins
- White embroidery floss, 1 yd.
- Kraft paper
scissors, masking paper and tape, saw, measuring tape, newspaper (to cover work surface), cardboard box
- Krylon ColorMaster Enamel Spray Paint: Gloss Watermelon, Gloss Citrus Green, Satin Leather Brown, Satin Sea Glass
- Wire cutters
- Adhesives: hot glue gun with sticks, craft glue
- 1. In newspaper-covered area or in large cardboard box, spray paint frame Watermelon, repeating coats until opaque. Let dry.
- 2. Measure inside of frame to determine board size. Cut board to fit opening using saw.
- 3. Cut chicken wire 2-3" larger than board using wire cutters. Paint wire Satin Leather Brown; let dry.
- 4. Cut batting same-size as board; adhere to board using glue gun.
- 5. Wrap muslin over batting and board; secure to back side of board using glue gun.
- 6. Wrap chicken wire tightly over covered board. Bend wire to lay flat against back of board.
- 7. Insert board into frame. Adhere board to frame at corners and around inner edge using glue gun.
- 8. Cover back of frame with kraft paper; adhere using craft glue.
- 9. Paint clothespins and buttons in colors of choice; let dry thoroughly. Thread floss through button holes and knot on front. Adhere buttons to clothespins using glue gun.
by Roxi Phillips for Krylon