Subway-Style Art Canvas
Design a personalized, dimensional canvas with flair and personality! Faber-Castell's great products make it easy to add texture, color, and interest to your art.
- Canvas board, 12”x12”
pencil, ruler, foam brush, spatula
- The Crafters Workshop Solid Butterflies Stencil (TCW465)
- Hazel & Ruby Stencil Masks: Central Park Alpha, Celebrate Shapes
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft: Gelatos® Double Scoop®, Guava (770250), Bubble Gum (770251); Gesso (770302); Whipped Spackle (770318)
- Art sponge
- Repositionable stencil adhesive
- 1. Size is 12"x12".
- 1. Coat canvas with gesso using foam brush; let dry.
- 2. Lightly draw pencil lines for letter alignment. Position mask letters and bunting evenly spaced on canvas as shown. Erase pencil lines. See Photo 1. (see photos)
- 3. Rub Gelatos on canvas and blend with dry art sponge until desired effect is achieved. See Photos 2-4. (see photos)
- 4. Carefully lift and remove masks. See Photo 5. (see photos)
- 5. Position and secure stencil on canvas. Use spatula to spread whipped spackle on top of stencil. When design is completely covered, carefully remove stencil. (Note: Do not wait for spackle to dry before removing.) Repeat to create additional butterflies. See Photos 6-7. (see photos)
- 6. Let dry completely before hanging.
- 1. Use a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Pastel Pencil in a similar color in place of the pencil lines. You won’t have to erase any pencil lines. They will just blend in!
by Rita Barakat for Faber-Castell (fabercastell.com)