Job Well Done
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White Stampin’ Up!; Black Magic Collection Hermit ColorCore Cardstock (Core’dinations)
- Tiny red pencil
- 3-step School Days stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
- Dye ink pads (Stampin’ Up!): Basic Black; Going Gray; Sahara Sand; Riding Hood Red; Garden Green; Chocolate Chip; Close to Cocoa; Creamy Caramel
- Sanding block
- Eclipse masking tape (JudiKins)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting system (Ellison)
- Cuttlebug Numbers Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Adhesives: foam squares; mini clear dots
- 1. Make black, side-fold card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” red cardstock piece; adhere to card.
- 2. Cut 3-3/4”x5” black textured cardstock piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, emboss cardstock with numbers design. Gently sand raised areas to reveal colored core. Adhere to card.
- 3. Stamp book images as follows onto white cardstock: #3 in Basic Black; #2 Going Gray; #1 Sahara Sand. Mask book with Eclipse tape. Designer Tip: Stamp image in same order on tape to ensure proper placement; detail cut mask just inside stamped outline and place over original image.
- 4. Stamp apple images as follows, over top of book mask: #4 Riding Hood Red; #3 ink stamp Riding Hood Red, stamp off onto scrap paper, then stamp image; #2 same as #3; #1 same as #3, but stamped off twice to remove more color.
- 5. Stamp leaf #2 Garden Green and #1 Garden Green, stamped off on scrap paper.
- 6. Leaving mask in place, stamp ruler as follows: #3 Chocolate Chip; #2 Close to Cocoa; #1 Creamy Caramel. Stamp Basic Black sentiment. Remove masks.
- 7. Cut stamped panel to desired size. Double mat on black and red cardstock layers; adhere to card with foam squares. Attach pencil with mini glue dots.
by Lisa Somerville