Natural Elements Jewelry
sizes: necklace, 20"; bracelet, 8"; earrings, 2-1/2"
- Green freshwater pearl beads, 22
- Copper rounds, 12
- Jasper beads: pink round, 10; green bear; large green/brown dragon’s blood
- Green coral beads, six
- Carved beads: wooden tubes, two; large feather, bone and wooden ovals, two
- Copper birds, three
- Copper findings: crimp tubes, 2mm, four; hook clasp; lobster claw clasp; ear wires, two; headpins, four; eye pins, two; jump ring
- Copper beading wire
- Jewelry pliers: round-nose, flat-nose, crimper
- Wire cutters
- 1. Position copper bird on headpin. Create wrapped loop on top of bird using round-nose pliers and wire cutters. Repeat for green bear with another headpin.
- 2. Open jump ring with flat-nose and round-nose pliers. Position carved feather, green bear, and copper bird through jump ring; close using flat-nose and round-nose pliers.
- 3. Cut 24" wire length. String copper bead, three freshwater pearls, copper bead, three freshwater pearls, copper bead, carved wooden tube, three green coral beads, bone and wood bead, and three pink jasper beads on wire.
- 4. Position feather focal created in Step 2 on wire.
- 5. Repeat Step 3 in reverse for other half of necklace.
- 6. Attach hook clasp using crimp tubes to either end of necklace.
- 1. Cut 10" wire length; crimp one half of lobster clasp on one end.
- 2. String three freshwater pearls, copper bead, pink jasper bead, copper bead, freshwater pearl, and copper bead on wire.
- 3. Position dragon’s blood coral bead on wire.
- 4. Repeat Step 2 in reverse for other half of bracelet.
- 5. Crimp other half of clasp onto end of bracelet.
- 1. Position copper bird on headpin. Create wrapped loop on top of bird using round-nose pliers and wire cutters.
- 2. Swing open bottom loop of eye pin using round-nose pliers; attach copper bird and close loop.
- 3. Position pink jasper bead and freshwater pearl onto same eye pin; make wrapped loop at top.
- 4. Swing open loop at bottom of ear wire; attach top of eye pin to ear wire.
- 5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for other earring.
by Suzann Sladcik Wilson