Beaded Scarf Jewelry
- Class Act Designs Kaleidoscope Hand-dyed Silk Scarf, 6”x64”
- Brown shell rings, 40mm, three
- Round ceramic beads, 10mm: speckled turquoise, 11; tortoise brown, six
- Brown and blue ceramic nuggets, 15x28mm, two
- Glass beads: tortoise brown wavy discs, 3x7mm, 44; fire-polished brown rondelles, 9x6mm, 14; brown pearls, 8mm, eight
- Gray multicolored AB seed beads, 6/0, 114
- Gold findings: crimp tubes, #2, six; crimp covers, six
- Beadalon 7-strand Gold Color Bead Stringing Wire, 44”
- Crimping pliers
- Wire cutters
- 1. Cut two 17" and 27” lengths of beading wire.
- 2. String crimp tube, 19 seed beads, and shell ring on one 17" wire segment. Pass wire end back through tube and crimp. String wavy disc, then following pattern, adding one wavy disc in between each bead: pearl, rondelle, pearl, turquoise, nugget, turquoise, pearl, rondelle, pearl, turquoise. String disc, crimp tube, 19 seed beads, and shell ring. Pass wire end back through tube and crimp. Slide wire under a few beads; trim end.
- 3. Repeat Step 2, attaching to previous shell ring.
- 4. Attach remaining wire to end of shell rings using method in Step 2. String wavy disc, then following pattern, adding wavy disc in between each bead: brown ceramic, rondelle, turquoise, rondelle, brown ceramic, rondelle, turquoise, rondelle, brown ceramic, rondelle, turquoise. (Note: This end turquoise bead is center of strand.) Repeat pattern in reverse for other side of design. Finish strand in same manner as Step 2, attaching to other side of ring.
- 5. Cover crimp tubes with crimp covers using pliers.
- 1. To wear, slide scarf through shell rings at ends of necklace; bring scarf ends together and tie. Slip over head and adjust. Wear scarf ends in back or front. This is just one of the many ways to wear this scarf jewelry.
by Terry Ricioli