Hangin Snow Cans
- Recycled instant ice tea cardboard containers, 5” tall, four
- Wooden peg plaque, 6”x26”
- Assorted cardstock or gift wrap in shades of blue or colors of choice
- Jolee’s by You snowflake stickers, 1/2”
- White organdy ribbon
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: White; Purple Dusk; Spa Blue
- Ceramcoat Exterior Varnish
- Rubber Stampede Wood Handle Stamps: Snowflake; Snowflake Kit
- Stencil Magic Alphabet Stencil: Typewriter
- Flat soft bristle brush, 1”
- Paint & Toss Sponges
- E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive
- Double-stick tape, 3/4”
- 1. Remove pegs from plaque. Sand plaque and pegs; wipe dust. Base coat Spa Blue.
- 2. Pour out separate puddles of each paint color on paper plate. Use slightly damp crumpled paper towel to pounce Spa Blue over front of plaque. Repeat with White, blending colors. Pick up touch of Purple Dusk and keep blending paint colors together until desired effect is achieved. Let dry.
- 3. Use brush to lightly apply White to Snowflake stamp; stamp plaque. Repeat several times, reloading stamp with paint each time. Use smaller snowflakes from kit to fill in any blank areas.
- 4. Paint pegs and edges of plaque Purple Dusk. Let dry. Apply varnish. Glue pegs to plaque.
- 1. (Note: Adjust sizes to accommodate surface.) Cut four 5”x13” rectangles from different papers to cover containers. If using paper that does not quite fit around container, fill gap in with paper strip in back.
- 2. Cut four coordinating 3”x3-1/2” and four 2”x4” rectangles from paper. Stencil letter on each can White to spell “snow”.
- 3. For hangers, cut ribbon into 36” lengths. Glue ends to inside sides of cans. Cut ribbon center and knot. Adhere stickers as desired. Hang cans on pegs.
by Tammie Wilson