Reindeer Tea Towel
- White hand towel or linen rectangle, 21”x27”
- Red solid or print fabric for appliqué
- Red embroidery floss
- White sewing thread
- Needles: embroidery; sewing
- Iron-on adhesive
- Optional: Sewing machine
- 1. Turn raw edges of linen rectangle over 1/4”, then turn edges over 1/4” again. Machine or hand stitch close to turned edges.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut piece from iron-on adhesive slightly larger than reindeer. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse adhesive piece to back of red fabric. Cut reindeer from fused fabric; remove backing. Adhere reindeer to front of towel, centered from side to side with bottom of legs 3-1/2” from bottom of towel.
- 3. Use one strand of floss to blanket stitch around reindeer edges.
- 4. Transfer antlers and lettering; use one strand of floss to stem stitch.
by Mary Ayres