Painted Holiday Lollipop Trio
size: 6” tall
- Wooden lollipop set (includes three) (#ORN61)
- White organza ribbon, 1/4”
- Glamour Dust
- Pink powdered blush
- Paper tags, 2-1/4”x4”
- Silver star charm
- Jute twine, 20” length
- Red cording, 6” length
- Red/green ribbon, 5/8”
- Artificial Christmas greenery
- Americana Acrylic Paints: White; Traditional Burnt Umber; Napa Red; Light Cinnamon; Lamp Black; Cool White; Plantation Pine; Olive Green; Sapphire Blue; Prussian Blue; Burnt Orange; Deep Teal; Hi-Lite Flesh
- Americana Acrylic Matte Sealer Spray
- Comfort Paintbrushes: Flat Shaders, Series 3300, #4, #6, #12; Angular Shader, Series 3400, 1/4”; Round, Series 7000, #2; Liner, Series JS, #0
- Foam brush
- Speckle brush
- Sea wool sponge
- Sanding block
- 1. Use foam brush to apply sealer to both sides of lollipops; let dry. Use #12 flat to basecoat both sides Antique White. Lightly sand and wipe dust. Lightly sponge paint lollipops Traditional Burnt Umber.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer main patterns to lollipop fronts. Paint the following, transferring remaining details as needed.
- 1. Use #6 flat to paint checked border Napa Red; let dry. Use liner and Cool White to paint stripes in between checks and squiggle around inside large circle. Use #4 flat to paint gingerbread man Lt. Cinnamon; use angular shader to shade inside edges Lamp Black. Use round brush to paint heart button Napa Red. Use liner and Cool White to paint frosting details. Use stylus to dot the following: eyes Lamp Black; add random Cool White dots down front of and around gingerbread; add random Napa Red dots around inside checked edge of lollipop. Use liner and Olive Green tipped in Plantation Pine to paint holly. Use stylus to dot berries Napa Red.
- 1. Use #6 flat to paint checked border Deep Teal; let dry. Use liner and Cool White and Napa Red to paint stripes between checks and squiggle around inside large circle in same way as Gingerbread lollipop. Use #4 flat to paint Santa’s suit and hat Napa Red. Paint face Hi-Lite Flesh, and hands and feet Lamp Black. Use angular shader to shade inside edges of suit Lamp Black. Use round brush to paint belt Deep Teal. Use liner to paint buckle Olive Green. Use round brush to pounce white paint on beard, hair, and fur areas of suit. Use stylus to dot eyes Lamp Black and nose Napa Red. Use liner and Olive Green tipped in Plantation Pin to paint holly. Use stylus to dot berries Napa Red and randomly dot background Cool White.
- 1. Use #6 flat to paint checked border Sapphire Blue; let dry. Use liner and Cool White to paint stripes between checks, squiggle around inside circle, and snowflakes. Use stylus to dot snowflakes and random background flakes Cool White. Use #6 flat to paint snowman Cool White. Use angular shader to shade body sections Prussian Blue. Use cotton-tip swab to apply blush to cheeks. Use liner to paint nose Burnt Orange. Use liner to paint button, eyes, and mouth Lamp Black.
- 1. Use #12 flat to paint bottom of each tag Cool White. Use #4 flat to paint every other check Lamp Black. Write lettering.
- 2. Use stylus to randomly dot the following colors for each tag:
- 3. Gingerbread: Cool White; Napa Red
- 4. Santa: Cool White; Napa Red; Deep Teal
- 5. Snowman: Cool White; Sapphire Blue
- 1. Insert sucker stick into bottom of each lollipop. Apply two coats sealer. While still wet, lightly sprinkle with glitter. Thread ribbon through tags and tie onto lollipop sticks.
by Kim Christmas