Joy Dove Ornament
size: 3” square; stitch count: 43 w x 43 h
- Ecru 25-count Evenweave (DC58UEC), 7”x7”
- Coordinating backing fabric, 6”x6”
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss in colors listed on key
- Very Fine Braid in colors listed on key
- Gold Torsade Braid, 4mm, 1 yd.
- Tapestry needle (DMC 6216), #24
- Fusible Fleece, 6”x11”
- Fiberfill stuffing, small amount
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- 1. To find center of cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Use two strands floss to cross-stitch and quarter-stitch, one strand to backstitch and make French knot in colors listed on keycode.
- Ornament Finishing Instructions
- 1. Apply Fusible Fleece to wrong side of stitching and backing fabric. Trim stitching and backing to 5”x5”.
- 2. Using 1/4” seam allowance and with right sides together, sew cross stitch to backing fabric, leaving opening at bottom for turning. Clip corners. Turn right side out. Stuff; hand sew opening closed.
- 3. Make 4” loop at center of Torsade braid. Tack to top center of ornament at seam. Continue tacking braid around ornament to bottom center. Overlap ends, tacking together. Knot ends 2” below ornament. Trim 1” from knot.
by Lois Winston for The DMC Corp.