Colors of Fall Shadow Box
- 7gypsies White Solo Shadowbox Tray
- Penny Black Mix & Match Storm Cardstock
- DCWV Adhesive Fabric Stack 6”x6” Fabric Paper
- Self-adhesive pearls
ruler, paper trimmer, scissors, scoring board, edge distresser, acrylic block, spray mister with water
- Die-cutting system with Penny Black Creative Dies: Field of Dreams (51-030), Leaves (51-002), Triple Banner (51-027)
- Penny Black Stamps: Letter Background (1999L), Petal Party (30-113)
- Fiskars Butterfly Pop Up Punch
- Inks and stains: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stain, Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Gathered Twigs, Forest Moss, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick; Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Onyx Black VersaFine; Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper’s Big Brush Pens, in colors of choice
- Ink blending tool with foam pads
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, foam adhesive, Ranger Glossy Accents
- 1. Cut fabric paper panels to fit inside shadowbox openings. Spritz paper heavily with water; pounce with stains. Spritz again to blend colors; let dry. Randomly stamp panels with background in Gathered Twigs ink. Remove adhesive backing; adhere panels to white cardstock. Cut out panels; distress edges and adhere panels inside shadowbox.
- 2. Die cut poppies from white cardstock. Color, using Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and Wild Honey inks on blending tool. Color smaller, more detailed areas of die cuts (like flower stems), with brush markers.
- 3. Hand-tear “hill” from white cardstock; color with Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, and Wild Honey inks as in Step 2.
- 4. Die cut leaves from white cardstock; color with Gathered Twigs and Fired Brick inks as in Step 2.
- 5. Adhere die cuts inside shadowbox using foam adhesive.
- 6. Die cut banner from white cardstock; stamp sentiment with Onyx Black ink. Adhere to shadowbox, trimming left side flush with box.
- 7. Punch butterflies from white cardstock; adhere to leaves. Adhere pearl embellishments.
by Jill Foster for Penny Black