Trim the Tree Frame & Ornament
- Frame for 4”x6” photo, about 8”x10”
- Cardstock: Blush Red Dark; Suede Brown Dark
- One Wish Collection patterned: Polka Dots; Trees
- Chipboard sheet
- Holiday Words Chipboard Tiny Tags
- I Believe in Santa Stickers, two sheets
- Christmas Doodle Brads, four
- Ribbon: red sheer; red gingham
- Red Scrapper’s Floss
- Small Formal Alphabet Snap-Stamps
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads: Charcoal; Chestnut Roan
- Die-cutting equipment: Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter; Doodlebug Charms Cartridge
- Adhesives: Liquid Laminate; Gem-Tac; Zip-Dry Paper Glue
- 1. Cut tree paper roughly to size of frame and adhere to front with laminating adhesive; let dry completely. Sand away excess paper. Ink paper and frame edges Chestnut Roan. Seal edges with additional coat of laminating adhesive if desired.
- 2. Follow directions to cut two 5-1/2” trees (without trunks) from dot paper; adhere to chipboard for strength and cut out shapes. Ink edges.
- 3. Cut prongs off two brads and adhere to tips of trees with embellishing glue.
- 4. Hand-cut two trunks from brown cardstock; adhere to backs of trees, trimming to desired length. Tie “trim the tree” tag around one tree with ribbons. Adhere trees to frame.
- 5. Stamp “Christmas” and year onto red cardstock; cut into two strips, ink edges, and adhere to frame.
- 1. Repeat Frame Step 2, reversing paper to back side before cutting second tree.
- 2. Cut one 5-1/2” tree with trunk from brown cardstock. Sandwich this tree between other two and adhere layers together.
- 3. Punch small hole at top of tree and thread with floss; knot ends for hanger.
- 4. Cut prongs off two brads and adhere to tip of tree on each side with embellishing glue.
- 5. Adhere “Merry Christmas” sticker to each side of ornament, aligning edges.
by Cindy Smith