You Make The Grade
- Cardstock: Basic Gray (Stampin’ Up!); Cream Perfect Paper Panels (My Favorite Things)
- Report Card Collection 8”x8” paper pad (October Afternoon)
- Alphabet twill ribbon (May Arts)
- Recollections pewter mini brads (Michaels)
- Silver star paper clip
- Pure Innocence Collection You Make the Grade stamp set (My Favorite Things)
- Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International): Pale Fruit Pink (E000); Skin White (E00); Brick Beige (E31); Sand (E33); Chamois (E35); Egg Shell (E50); Buttercup Yellow (Y21); Blush (R20); Warm Gray (W1, W3, W5 and W7)
- Prismacolor colored pencils (Sanford)
- Detail scissors
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make gray, top-fold card base. Cut 4-3/4” argyle paper square and 5” gray cardstock square; adhere layers together. Wrap twill around upper left corner, adhering ends at back. Adhere layers to card.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2”x3-7/8” checked paper piece and 2-3/4”x4-1/8” gray cardstock piece; adhere layers and adhere to card.
- 3. Cut 3-1/8”x3-1/2” cream cardstock piece. Stamp image and sentiment as shown. Using photo as guide, color image (except sweater) with markers; draw and color floor with colored pencil.
- 4. Stamp sweater image onto argyle paper scrap and cut out using detail scissors, cutting just beyond stamped lines. Adhere sweater over stamped image. Shade sweater near arms and collar using gray marker.
- 5. Cut 3-3/8”x3-3/4” gray cardstock mat; adhere stamped panel. Place star clip on left edge. Insert brads in each easel leg. Adhere panel to card using foam dots.
- 6. For inside of card, cut and adhere 5” checked block. Cut 3”x4” cream panel and mat on gray cardstock; adhere to card. Cut 1-3/8”x5” argyle strip; mat on gray cardstock and adhere to card. Stamp A+ on cream panel.
by Michele Boyer