Vintage Felt Star Ornament Set
size: 8” tall
- Wool felt: white; yellow; gold
- Beads: yellow bugle, 1/4”; silver bugle, 1/2”; clear glass E; gold seed
- Gold sequins, 8mm
- Recycled Christmas cards
- Embroidery floss: white; yellow; gold
- Gold pearl cotton, 10” lengths, three
- Bead thread
- Needles: embroidery; beading
- Hole punch, 3/16”
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Straight pins
- 1. Print and cut out pattern.
- White Star
- 1. Cut two stars from white felt. Use bead thread to sew: three gold seed beads, 1/2” apart, to center of one star; five silver bugle beads around each seed bead; gold seed bead to end of each bugle bead.
- 2. Pin stars together with right sides facing out. Use gold floss to blanket stitch around edges, stuffing star before stitching is complete.
- 3. For hanger, thread gold pearl cotton through needle. Insert needle through top of star; knot ends.
- 4. For tag, cut 1-1/8”x1-5/8” rectangle around Christmas card design. Trim one side of rectangle into point. Punch hole in tag. Thread six strands of gold floss onto needle. Insert needle through hole in tag and top of star; knot ends.
- Yellow Star
- 1. Cut two stars from yellow felt. Use bead thread to sew: nine E beads, 1” apart, to center of one star; four yellow bugle beads around each E bead.
- 2. Follow Steps 2 through 4 of white star, using white floss to chain stitch close to edge of star.
- Gold Star
- 1. Cut two stars from gold felt. Use bead thread to sew: 14 gold sequins and E beads, 3/4” apart, to center of one star. To do this, insert needle through sequin, then glass E bead, then back through sequin.
- 2. Follow steps 2 through 4 of white star, using yellow floss to stem stitch close to edge of star.
by Mary Ayres