Rubber Stamper's Studio Creating a Masterboard
size: master board, 8-1/2"x11"; ATC, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"; card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Cardstock: white, black
- Blue button
- Crystal flourish stickers
- White twine
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, newspapers
- Stamps: Tattered Angels Screen Prints Clear Stamps Graceful Journey and Regal Classic Accents; Hero Arts Antique Engravings, Old French Writing, and Earth Flowers; Inkadinkado Silhouette Birds on Wire; Penny Black Tiniest; Serendipity Stamps Large Pussy Willow; Verses Rubber Stamp Co. Hope Feathers
- Heat tool
- Rubber brayer
- Scanner/printer or photocopier
- Pigment ink pads: dark blue, black, Tsukineko VersaMark
- Dye ink pads: light blue, blue, bright blue, deep blue
- Embossing powder: white, clear
- White gel pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; clear mini dots
- 1. Ink brayer with blue dye ink. Roll brayer quickly and evenly along bottom 11” edge of white cardstock, starting brayer off edges of cardstock. See first step-out panel.
- 2. Continue rolling ink onto cardstock from one end to the other, moving brayer slightly upward with each pass to create a color fade that moves halfway up page.
- 3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 with bright blue ink, moving only one-quarter of the way up page. Repeat with deep blue ink over bottom eighth of page. See panels 2 and 3.
- 4. Stamp dark blue pigment script unevenly over entire background for aged look.
- 5. Stamp watermark flourishes in corners; heat emboss with white powder.
- 6. Stamp dark blue pigment flowers across bottom of page; stamp some images without re-inking. Stamp pussy willows;
- Tiniest Thing ATC
- 1. Cut 2-1/4”x3-1/4” background panel. Mat on 2-1/2”x3-1/2” white cardstock.
- 2. Stamp dark blue butterflies onto background scraps; cut out. Accent with gel pen and adhere to card with mini dots. Add gems.
- 3. Stamp watermark sentiment onto dark background scrap; heat emboss with white powder. Trim and mat on white cardstock. Adhere sentiment.
- Hope is the Thing Card
- 1. Make black top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4”x5-1/4” background panel. Stamp black birds; heat emboss with clear powder.
- 3. Stamp black sentiment onto background scrap; trim and mat on black cardstock.
- 4. Adhere panel to card. Wrap top with twine, tying ends through button. Adhere sentiment.
by Suzanne Czosek