Paper Piecing Greeting Card
Follow our designer’s tutorial and learn how to use designer craft paper to create one-of-a-kind effects with your inked images.
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Sweet Shoppe Designs Got Nothing But Love Digital Papers
- Kaisercraft: Grosgrain Ribbon, Snow Pearls
- I Am Roses Paper Roses
computer with color printer, paper trimmer
- CriCut Cuttlebug Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine with Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Tags One Die
- Whimsy Stamps: Time 4 Tea Collection Ponytail, Sentiments Collection Girl Talk
- Ranger Inkssentials Sponge Tool
- Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Micro Serrated Craft Scissors
- Ink pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento in Tuxedo Black and London Fog; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress in Antique Linen
- Imagination International COPIC Markers: E000/00/11/23/25/27/30/31/41, R00/01/20, RV32/34, W00/1/3/5, YG91/93/97
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, mounting foam
- 1. Create 4-1/4”x5-1/2” white cardstock base; set aside.
- 2. Download digital papers and print out slightly larger than card. See Photo 1. (Note: Place multiple panels on one sheet to save paper.) (see photos)
- 3. Trim yellow paper to 4-1/4”x5-1/2”, pink floral paper to 4”x5-1/4”. Ink edges of panels with Antique Linen. Mat pink panel with yellow panel.
- 4. Cut 5-1/4” length of ribbon. Wrap around matted panel; adhere ends to back. Adhere panel to card.
- 5. Trim gray paper to 4”x2-3/4”, yellow paper to 4-1/4”x3”. Ink edges of panels with Antique Linen. Mat gray panel with yellow panel. Adhere panel to card, slightly above vertical center.
- 6. Stamp girl on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink. Stamp girl on small sections of printed papers, ensuring pattern is contained within stamp border. See Photo 2. (see photos)
- 7. Color main image with markers. See Photo 3. Shade patterned images with markers. See Photo 4. (see photos)
- 8. Fussy cut main image and patterned dress piece. Adhere dress to image. See Photo 5. (see photos)
- 9. Stamp “Princess” sentiment on white cardstock with London Fog ink. Using inside edge of tag die as guide, cut sentiment into oval shape.
- 10. Die cut tag from pink digital paper; adhere sentiment to center. Adhere sentiment to card.
- 11. Adhere image to card with foam. Embellish as desired with roses and pearls. See Photo 6. (see photos)
- 1. Choose digital patterned papers and print just slightly larger than your card to avoid wasting paper and ink.
by Shannah Bartle for Whimsy Stamps (whimsystamps.com)